Monday, October 20, 2008

IM2

I finally took time to IM with someone from the class. I like to use IM's at home because it is a way to talk to one of my family or friends when I am on the computer and get an answer right away instead of waiting for the email. I sometimes use firefox instead of AOL just because I don't want anyone to know that I am on the computer if I am in a hurry and don't want to take time to chat. That doesn't happen much though. I am not so sure about in my professional life. I guess if it was a big place it could be nice to ask a question without going to the other side of the building. I doubt I would use IM to ask a reference question. I am sure some people would but I think we are to small for that to be an issue. Since we are a public library I think most of our patrons would use an IM to ask for more time on the computers not to ask for information.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's funny - patrons on the computers in the library IMing to ask for more time on the computers - but probably true!