Wednesday, January 7, 2009

#16 2.0

I should have read the Wikipedia part first and then it might not have been so scary. All the information was definitely an overload. I agree that libraries need to change with the times, but we need to stay a "library". Libraries are places to get books and information in a way that is not expensive. My Dad comes to the library almost everyday to read the Omaha newspaper. He could get that paper delivered to his house but why should he when, as a taxpayer, he has access to it at the library. Libraries can and should be for people of all ages and incomes. While I have fun with my computer at home there are many people who can't or don't want to do that sort of thing. So libraries need to remember that!! Also I don't believe that a computer will ever replace curling up in a chair with a good book.

No comments: